Welcome to Lead to Close: The Mortgage Professionals Podcast featuring authentic and real conversations amongst Canadian mortgage pros. Hosted by industry leaders Greg Williamson and James Loewen, with unfiltered opinions and no topic off limits, these are the conversations you wished the industry was having.
This time, Greg and James are sitting down with Matt Parker, team leader and mortgage broker at The Mortgage Group (TMG). Matt is well-versed in client retention and nurturing existing clients to promote further business growth.
Matt dives into what client retention is and how it’s different from general marketing. Client retention is important for growth, and he shares what brokers can focus on to bring greater value to their clients and build their business more predictably.
Listen on Apple Podcasts Listen on Google Podcasts
On this Episode of Lead to Close:
- How Matt got into the mortgage industry
- Why Matt says this career was the best choice for him
- The difference between client retention and marketing
- The benefit of nurturing existing clients
- What the biggest challenge is to keeping clients
- Why it’s important to reach out to clients at the right time
- Why mortgage brokers shouldn’t solely rely on new business
- How brokers can bring a human moment back into their client interactions
- Matt’s top lessons in client retention
- How often brokers should reach out to existing clients
- What to do in advance to set yourself up for success when you do reach out
- What Matt loves about Finmo
- The best way to bring value to your existing clients
- Why Matt says he prefers to focus on equity and financial planning
- What Matt learned in starting his business Broker Scout
- What kind of clients have become the biggest advocate for Matt