Welcome to Lead to Close:
The Mortgage Professionals Podcast featuring authentic and real conversations amongst Canadian mortgage pros. Hosted by industry leaders Greg Williamson and James Loewen, with unfiltered opinions and no topic off limits, these are the conversations you wished the industry was having. On this episode of Lead to Close we’re joined Megan McDonald, the Senior Vice President of Single Family Sales at MCAP. MCAP offers easy mortgage solutions for Canadian homeowners, investors, brokers, and more.
Megan believes everything happens by design, and that’s why she’s such a big fan of process. We’ll hear Megan expand on the formula she follows for success, along with how this formula can impact your personal and professional success.
Listen on Apple Podcasts Listen on Google Podcasts
On this Episode of Lead to Close:
- Why mindset is especially important when the mortgage industry is tough.
- How the mortgage industry shifted after the pandemic.
- The formula Megan lives by and how it helps you get where you want to go.
- What it means to build a comprehensive plan and why so many people overlook it.
- Signs you might be in the wrong role as a mortgage broker.
- The importance of acknowledging what’s in your control versus what’s not.
- The personal difficulties Megan faced and how she got through it.
- What it means to “right set” your personal life and how it impacts your business.
- The routine aspects of Megan’s day and why she repeats these habits no matter what.
- What the cost of saying yes to everything is.
- Understanding it takes time to build habits that work for you, and why it’s worth it.
- How finding discipline can lead you towards freedom, plus where you can start.
- A tip you can use to hold yourself accountable and why it works.
- Why humans have a tendency to make bad things worse.
- The power of perspective and how zooming out keeps our egos in check.
- How healthy-minded entrepreneurs think and act in a down market.
- The people that tend to win even when the industry is down.