Welcome to Lead to Close: The Mortgage Professionals Podcast featuring authentic and real conversations amongst Canadian mortgage pros. Hosted by industry leaders Greg Williamson and James Loewen, with unfiltered opinions and no topic off limits, these are the conversations you wished the industry was having. On this episode of Lead to Close we’re joined by Ron Swift, the Chief Executive Officer of Radius Financial. Ron is a respected member of the Canadian mortgage industry with over 20years of experience.
During the episode, Ron shares his expertise on industry trends and the strategies Radius Financial uses that makes their approach especially unique. There is immense power increating the right working relationships—one from which clients can reap great benefits.
Listen on Apple Podcasts Listen on Google Podcasts
On this Episode of Lead to Close:
- When and where Ron started his career in the mortgage industry.
- The original construct of Radius Financial and how it’s grown over time.
- Their unique broker distribution and strategies for connecting with consumers.
- How to know when your offering is actually valuable—or not.
- Who actually has a say on how Canadians borrow for their mortgage.
- What makes Canada a safe place to invest in real estate and how this is an advantage.
- How they work with the banks to create the strongest consumer products possible.
- What happens when they want to do something outside their policy manual.
- How Radius works outside of Canada to bring money in.
- The impact of interest rates on Canadian real estate assets.
- The evolution of the “ma and pa” broker companies and why they needed to change.
- How increased agent transparency encourages success of the business overall.
- How being efficient as a lender supports both consumers and brokers.
- The influence of running promos on reducing compensation.
- Differing brokerage models and which ones retain the best team members.
- What Ron wants all brokers and lenders to feel encouraged to do.