Welcome to Lead to Close: The Mortgage Professionals Podcast featuring authentic and real conversations amongst Canadian mortgage pros. Hosted by industry leaders Greg Williamson and James Loewen, with unfiltered opinions and no topic off limits, these are the conversations you wished the industry was having.
Jason Henneberry joins us on this episode of Lead to Close. He is the Director of Technology & Strategic Initiatives at Tango Financial, a BC Mortgage Broker offering advanced mortgage planning strategies to help homeowners achieve greater financial success.
The conversation today covers various topics that the hosts and Jason are surprised people don’t know about the industry. We’ll cover topics such as the flow of money inside brokerages, broker burnout, and the strategies and technologies that have made broker life more efficient.
Listen on Apple Podcasts Listen on Google Podcasts
On this Episode of Lead to Close:
- Where the money flows in the broker business.
- What agents have started to push for over the years.
- How the money flow in the broker industry has evolved.
- Finding the right balance of value between cheaper and better.
- What broker burnout is and why it happens.
- How the past three years have felt in the market and the impact it has had.
- How goal setting has changed for many brokers post-burnout.
- When to consider hiring an assistant sooner rather than later.
- Why Jason decided to quit drinking and how his life has changed.
- What it means to redefine value and why it’s important.
- An example of working backward to meet your financial goals.
- Why Jason sold all his cars and properties to start fresh.
- Three questions to consider for business value optimization.
- Innovations that changed the broker industry.
- What brokerages need to do to continue to compete with banks at a high level.
- The specific areas where mortgage brokers add value.
- The exciting new things happening with Finmo.